9/9/11

Fajitas - The True Story


This is my favorite story of all time. Period. Enjoy!

I worked at McDonald's off I-75 in Macon, GA when I was in high school. The Chicken Fajita had just come out on the menu. A lady came up to my register and in perfect - sophomoric - brown visor - McDonald's employee speak I said, "Welcome to McDonald's. May I take your order please?"


Her eyes squinted and nose wrinkled as she was trying to make a decision. Finally she said in a heavy southern accent, "I'm gonna tryyy four of those Chicken Fa-JIT-tuhs???" You could tell in her tone she was not quite sure how to pronounce this new food.

With a smile I nicely corrected her saying, "FaHEEEtah??"

Making eye contact with me for the first time she said, "Oh no honey I'll be taking that to GO!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment