9/12/11

2 New Friends

Most Saturday mornings in the 3 months of summer here in Appleton, Wisconsin, you will find me downtown at my farmer's market. Thousands of local residents wander the streets of  the downtown in a zombie like haze --  un-bathed, covered in patchouli, buying fruits and vegetables and treats like fresh made doughnuts, chicken satay, egg rolls, crepes and french toast.








After my weekly shopping is finished, I squat at a local coffee shop called Brewed Awakenings. I read, meet a friend, surf, or just enjoy a lazy Midwestern Saturday.

A few weeks ago I went to Brewed and to kick start the morning ordered my favorite Alterra coffee called Punch In the Face along with a blackberry muffin topped with a large spoonful of mind-blowing Nutella. STOP! If you have not tasted Nutella, go to your grocery store right now, and buy it. You will find it next to the peanut butter.

A random lady approached me commenting that my muffin looked amazing!


I invited her to rake her finger through the chocolate hazelnut incredibleness. She did -- and experienced pure delight. Now she has 2 new friends - Nutella & ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment