10/8/11

Friday Night Thoughts

Tonight I'm blogging from my favorite green recliner in my living room. A lazy, cool breeze blows through my windows. I can hear vehicles traveling up and down highway 41. Crunchy crispy leaves roll around outside. Not to be overly cheesy - but I hear the wind whistling through the trees too. Believe it because it's true. Autumn is my absolute favorite time of year. Period. OH YES! Before I forget . . WAY TO GO BREW CREW on beating ARIZONA! YEE HAWW!


I am just going to pen thoughts rolling through my brain tonight. WARNING - my brain does not work like yours so, not all of this will make sense to you. Here we go . . .


Can you imagine perfect communication? Never being misunderstood. WOW! Think about that. I remember a situation at work a few years back where I CLEARLY (or so I thought) told my boss somthing and was misunderstood. I WAS SO FRUSTRATED! And then a week later I had ANOTHER miscommunication with a co-worker. Hearing them tell me . ."No Shelli, that is not what you said." I pulled my boss and co-worker in a room and looking at them said, "I am the one with communication issues here!" Do you ever hear, "NOOO YOUUU ARE NOT LISTENING!!" or "NOOO YOUUU ARE NOT HEARING ME!!" Woah! Talk about communication issues! Do you maybe need to work on your communication skills a bit? Life would be so much easier if we all commuicated the same way but it sure would be BORING!

How much time do we waste explaining ourselves and the message we communicate? What contributes to communication failure? Fatigue. Emotions. Ignorance. Jumping to conclusions. Assumptions.
____________________________________________________

We are creatures of habit.We enjoy a life of consistency, predictability, security, normalcy, dependable companions, routine. Life void of uninvited interruptions like death, illness, divorce, close friends moving away. Also, your stage of life dictates your gravational pull to these bump-on-a-cumber type mentalities.

I challenge you to do SOMETHING spontaneous and unplanned today. Break free from the norm for a second!!

I loathe normal. I love ENERGY. I believe everything happens for a reason. EVERYTHING. The good. The bad. The rip your heart out of you chest because you lost a parent or a child or a spouse. Sigh. So many good times. So many heartaches. We just never know what will happen next. Who we will meet. What will change our course? I love life!

And that's all I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment